I went on sugar overload when I first heard of these cookies – just from reading the name… So I never could convince myself to make them until the other night.
Once a month, we have a game night with several of our other friends and their wives/husbands/significant others, etc. We rotate host houses, the host provides the main course, and everyone else brings a side dish and their own beverages. This time it was at Janel and Scott’s. She said she would be making Buffalo Chicken Garbage Bread (I was skeptical, but it was absolutely delicious), Barbara was bringing salad, and I offered to bring a dessert.
Enter THE cookies…
This recipe is from Lick The Bowl Good’s blog, which is very dangerous to follow – you have been warned!! http://www.lickthebowlgood.blogspot.com/
I might use my own chocolate chip cookie recipe next time, this one had a lot more flour, less butter and sugar and just wasn’t quite the same as I’m used to – but the overall cookie turned out really tasty!
The dough ball that winds up on the cookie sheet is literally the size of a tennis ball! Check out the blog above for more details…
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
What You Need:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 oz bag chocolate chips
- 1 package Oreo Cookies (not all will be used)
What to Do With All That:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a stand or electric mixer cream butter and sugars until well combined. Add in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of an Oreo Cookie. Take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of Oreo Cookie.
- Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until Oreo Cookie is enclosed with dough.
- Place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake cookies 9-13 minutes or until cookies are baked to your liking. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Makes approximately 20-24 very large cookies